FLO CRS Kit
Store: S.V. More Pharma (Butuan City) Corp.
FLO CRS is a non-medicated preservative free nasal and sinus irrigation kit which has been specifically formulated with Xylitol to maintain the natural immune factors present in nasal and sinus tissue. Xylitol is added to promote the innate immune defense of the sinunasal lining, and to enhance the natural protective actions of cilia in the nasal cavity. FLO CRS can be used to relieve congestion from various forms of sinunasal disorders including chronic rhinosinusitis. It also serves as a cleansing solution after nasal and sinus surgery.
FLO CRS is used to deliver solution into the nasal and sinus cavities by using a large volume of irrigation fluid delivered under positive pressure.
The FLO CRS Kit includes a FLO Bottle and 4 Sachets for FLO CRS Powder. Additional FLO CRS sachets are available separately.
|Each sachet contains:|
|Potassium chloride||180 mg|
|Sodium chloride||150 mg|
What is FLO CRS?
FLO CRS is a non-medicated preservative free nasal and sinus irrigation kit.
It has been specifically formulated with xylitol and a low sodium and potassium content so as not to adversely affect the natural immune factors present in nasal and sinus tissue.
FLO CRS can be used to relieve congestion from sinusitis and as a cleansing solution after nasal and sinus surgery.
The kit consists of a wash bottle and pre-mixed sachets of FLO CRS powder. Refill sachets are available separately.
Why use FLO CRS?
FLO CRS is specifically designed to irrigate the nasal and sinus cavities using a large volume of solution delivered at low pressure. This method improves distribution to the sinus cavities compared with traditional metered nasal pump sprays.
Symptoms resulting from sinus inflammation may be relieved by washing the sinuses, as this helps remove the excess mucus being produced in those cavities.
How to use and clean the FLO CRS kit:
1. First time use. Thoroughly wash the bottle, tube and cap with warm soapy water. Rinse all components with clean tap water and dry using a clean paper towel.
2. Fill the bottle to the FILL LINE using lukewarm pre-boiled water.
3. NOTE: Water must be boiled for at least 1 minute before cooling until lukewarm. If more convenient, boiled water may be stored in a clean container in the refrigerator for up to 48 hours.
4. You can re-heat the water in the FLO wash bottle using a microwave oven in 5 second bursts until it is lukewarm.
5. Cut or tear open one sachet of FLO CRS powder. Using the guidelines, fold out the sachet into a funnel shape and pour the entire contents into the FLO bottle.
6. Screw the cap and tube firmly onto the bottle and gently shake until all the powder has dissolved.
7. Your mixture is now ready for use.
8. Standing over a basin, bend forward and tilt your head down so that your chin almost touches your chest and insert the tip of the cap gently into one nostril. While breathing through your mouth, steadily and gently squeeze the bottle until the solution drains from the opposite nostril or from the mouth. Try not to swallow the solution although no harmful effects will occur if you do this. Whenever the bottle needs to refill with air, remove it from your nose before releasing your hand pressure. This helps to prevent “suck back” and contamination of the remaining solution. Repeat these steps until half of the solution has been used (HALF FILL LINE on the bottle). Then repeat the procedure on the opposite nostril.
9. Gently blow your nose to clear any remaining fluid and mucus. Note: If you have recently had nasal or sinus surgery, do not blow your nose before checking with your surgeon if this is permitted.
10. Discard any solution remaining in the bottle. Always make a fresh solution for each treatment.
11. Clean all components thoroughly using FLO Cleaning Solution. This removes bacterial biofilms (a slime in which bacteria live) and the bacteria living within them. It also removes mucus and other forms of soiling from all the surfaces of the wash bottle and helps to keep your FLO kit clean. Alternatively, wash all components using warm soapy water and a bottle brush. NOTE: Warm soapy water may not remove all bacterial biofilms. Dry all components thoroughly using a clean paper towel and store the FLO kit in the refrigerator until next needed.
What side effects can be expected?
Blocked ears: this may occur if solution enters the Eustachian tube, the tube which connects the back of the nose with the middle ear cavity. Should this occur, clear your ears by pinching your nostrils closed and gently blowing through the nose. Your ears will start to clear when you hear a popping sound. Release this pressure on your nostrils, breathe normally and swallow several times. Repeat as necessary.
Earache: this occurs when the solution is forced too vigorously into the nose by squeezing too hard on the bottle. Try to use less pressure on the bottle when using FLO CRS. If earache persists despite using less force on the bottle, stop using the product and consult your ENT surgeon or doctor.
How often do I need to use FLO CRS?
Use FLO CRS up to three times daily or as directed by your healthcare professional. There are no adverse effects from using FLO CRS more often. Note: Use any time of the day except the last hour before bed. Lying down soon after use can result in fluid draining from the sinuses unexpectedly. This may cause coughing.
Can FLO CRS be used while pregnant or breast feeding?
FLO CRS is non-medicated and free of preservative and may be used during pregnancy and while breast feeding.
Does FLO CRS interact with other medications?
FLO CRS can be used while taking any other medication. If you are using a medicated nasal spray, then it is best to use FLO CRS at least 15 minutes before using the nasal spray.
How FLO CRS is packaged?
FLO CRS is available as a Starter kit containing a wash bottle, dip-tube, cap, and 4 sachets and also a Refill sachet pack containing 50 sachets.
Do not use after the expiry date marked on the sachets or if the sachets appear damaged in any way.
Use only as directed and if symptoms persist, consult your doctor or attending ENT surgeon.
Download Information Leaflet